Guidelines for Grant Applications:
- State clearly who they are, what they do and whom they seek to help.
- Give the applicants status, e.g. registered charity along with charity
- Confirm that the organisation has a Child Protection Policy (where
appropriate) and that Criminal Record Bureau checks are carried out on
all staff working with children.
- Describe clearly the project for which the grant is sought answering
the following questions:
- What is the aim of the project and why is it needed?
- What practical results will it produce?
- How many people will benefit from it?
- What stage has the project reached so far?
- How will you ensure that it is cost-effective?
- If the request is for a salary, please enclose a job description.
- Explain how the project will be monitored, evaluated and, how its
results will be disseminated.
- State what funds have already been raised for the project, and name
any other sources of funding applied for/obtained e.g Local Authority,
- Explain where on-going funding (if required) will be obtained when the
Charity’s grant has been used.
- If the request is for revenue funding for a specific item, please
state the amount needed.
- Contain a short (half page) summary.
- If applicable, state to what extent funding from other charitable
organisations has been confirmed as contingent on obtaining a grant from
Ernest Kleinwort Charitable Trust.
Please keep the application as simple as possible and avoid the use of
technical terms, acronyms and jargon.
Please ONLY email your application ensuring any attachments are both PC
and Mac compatible, to the email address in the Contact Details.